Weather Alert – U.S. Mission Australia (October 30, 2020)
Location: Pacific Ocean and Indian Ocean
Event: Tropical Cyclone Season in the South Pacific Ocean begins November 1, 2020 and ends on April 30, 2021. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) recommends that those in tropical cyclone-prone regions begin preparations for the upcoming seasons now.
Actions to Take:
- Visit the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) Climate Prediction Center for the 2021 Cyclone forecast.
- Visit the Department of State’s Hurricanes, Typhoons, and Cyclones page.
- Have evacuation plans that do not rely on U.S. government assistance. For more information see: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/before-you-go/your-health-abroad/insurance-providers-overseas.html
- U.S. Consulate General, Sydney, Australia
Level 10, MLC Center
19-29 Martin Place, Sydney, NSW 2000
Telephone: (02) 9373-9200
- U.S. Consulate General, Melbourne, Australia
553 St. Kilda Road
Melbourne, VIC 3004
Telephone: (03) 9526-5900
- U.S. Consulate General, Perth, Australia
16 St. Georges Terrace
Perth, WA 6000
Telephone: (08) 6144-5100
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
You have received this message because you have registered with the U.S. Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). If you would like to unsubscribe or change your details in STEP, please go to https://step.state.gov.