Location: Mundaring, Chittering, Northam, and City of Swan, Western Australia
Event: Bushfire Emergency Warning
The Government of Western Australia has issued a Bushfire Emergency Warning, including evacuation orders, for parts of the Vines, Bailup, Ellenbrook, Gidgegannup, Millendon, Walyunga National Park, Upper Swan, Aveley, Avon Vally National Park, Red Hill, Belhus, Baskerville, Herne Hill, Bullsbrook, Wooroloo, Brigadoon in the Shires of Mundaring, Chittering and Northam, and the City of Swan.
Actions to Take:
- Follow the instructions of local authorities regarding evacuation and implementing a fire plan.
- Locations under evacuation orders may change due to changes in fire conditions. For the latest updates, monitor DFES andEmergency WA information athttps://www.emergency.wa.gov.au/ and www.dfes.wa.gov.au. (Phone number 13 33 37)
- If you are in an area subject to COVID-19 lockdown restrictions, put your bushfire plan into action now and continue to follow precautions to minimize the spread of the virus.
- If you have been personally directed to self-isolate or quarantine due to COVID-19:
- Leave now, find alternative suitable premises and wear a mask.
- If you are unable to return to your quarantine location within one hour, telephone WA Police on 131 444 to advise them you have had to leave due to an emergency.
- Regardless of your location, continue to follow COVID-19 precautions and maintain appropriate physical distancing.
- U.S. Consulate General, Perth, Australia
16 St. Georges Terrace
Perth, WA 6000
- Telephone: (08) 6144-5100
- Email: PerthACS@state.gov
- Website: https://au.usembassy.gov/
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Australia Country Information (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Australia.html)
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter