Location: Western Australia, Australia
Event: Tropical cyclone Seroja is forecast to hit the coast of Western Australia from the Pilbara Coast to the Leeuwin Coast, including Perth, starting Sunday, April 11 or Monday, April 12, 2021. Expect high winds, heavy rainfall, dangerous storm tides, and possible flooding. A second tropical low is also expected to intensify into a cyclone named Odette and is predicted to make landfall in the area of Exmouth on Saturday, April 10.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor Emergency WA and local media for updates.
- Avoid the area where the storms are expected to hit.
- If you are in the area, seek secure shelter.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Have evacuation plans that do not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- U.S. Consulate General, Perth, Australia
Level 4, 16 St. George’s Terrace
Perth, WA, 6000
Telephone: (08) 6144-5100
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Australia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
You have received this message because you have registered with the U.S. Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). If you would like to unsubscribe or change your details in STEP, please go to https://step.state.gov/step/.