- If the name on your social security record does not match the name on your passport application please make sure that you have completed question 9 on the form – ‘List all other names you have used’. (eg: birth name, previous marriages)
- If you do not know if an SSN has ever been issued to you, or have lost your Social Security card, you can email the regional office of the Social Security Administration (SSA) at FBU.Manila@ssa.gov to inquire. When emailing the SSA:
- you must provide your full name, your date and place of birth and your parents’ names
- advise them the Consulate where you will be submitting your passport application so they can securely provide the number to us.
- If SSA advise that you do not have an SSN, please complete a statement, under penalty of perjury, to that effect, and submit it along with the passport application. Note: If you complete the statement and a number has been assigned to you, you will hinder the issuing of a new passport.
If you would like to obtain a replacement Social Security card, you should contact the regional SSA office in Manila, Philippines at FBU.Manila@ssa.gov.