Please note: The Department of State assumes no responsibility or liability for the professional ability or reputation of, or the quality of services provided by, the entities or individuals whose names appear on the following lists. Inclusion on this list is in no way an endorsement by the Department or the U.S. government. Names are listed alphabetically, and the order in which they appear has no other significance. The information on the list is provided directly by the local service providers; the Department is not in a position to vouch for such information.
United States Customs
For general U.S. customs information, including import/export of goods and medications, travel-related restrictions and regulations, please visit the website for U.S. Customs and Border Protection. Common inquiries regarding importation of items include:
- What is the maximum amount of duty free items and alcohol I may take to the United States?
- Will I have a problem taking my medication(s) into the United States?
- What are the requirements for taking my pet to United States?
Australia has very strict customs and quarantine laws, especially in regard to the importation of food and animal products. If planning to travel to Australia, please pay particular attention to Australian Customs information.
Common inquiries regarding Australian customs include:
- Will I have problems taking my medication(s) into Australia?
- My medication is not available in Australia (it may be prohibited), or I need more than a 3 month supply. What problems will I have if my family mails it to me from the U.S?
- Is it true that I cannot bring a firearm with me to Australia, or have one couriered to me?
- How can I bring my pet with me to Australia?