Submitting a CRBA Application

  1. Listing Physical Presence in the U.S.
  2. Submitting a CRBA Application

Once you have completed all appropriate application forms and gathered all required supporting documentation, the application will need to be signed in the presence of a U.S. Consular Officer.

  • To submit the application in person at a U.S. Consulate, you will need to schedule an appointment
  • For applicants living in areas where there is no consular presence, you may be eligible to submit your application during an ACS outreach program.

Parents are encouraged to apply for their child’s first U.S. Passport at the same time as applying for their CRBA.

If the U.S. citizen parent does not meet the transmission requirements and the child is under 18 years of age, the child may be eligible for expeditious naturalization under the Child Citizenship Act 2000 – refer to the Other Paths to Citizenship.