Child Support

Claims for child support payments need to be assessed by the relevant child support agency where the child is resident. Australia and the United States have a bilateral agreement to enforce child support payments for parents resident in their country when the child is abroad.

For children resident in Australia, please contact the Child Support Agency to initiate a claim for child support payments. The Child Support Agency also provides a range of Information Sheets regarding Australia specific child support issues. For children resident in the United States, please contact the child support agency for the U.S. state your child is resident in. For additional information regarding international child support agreements, please refer to the Department of State’s information regarding Child Support.