Submitting a CRBA Application

Once you have completed all appropriate application forms and gathered all required supporting documentation, the application will need to be signed in the presence of a U.S. Consular Officer. To submit the application in person at a U.S. Consulate, you will need to schedule an appointment.

Parents are encouraged to apply for their child’s first U.S. Passport at the same time as applying for their CRBA.

If the U.S. citizen parent does not meet the transmission requirements and the child is under 18 years of age, the child may be eligible for expeditious naturalization under the Child Citizenship Act 2000 – refer to the Other Paths to Citizenship.