Event: The U.S. Mission to Australia is committed to protecting the health and safety of U.S. citizens, Mission employees, and visitors to Mission facilities. Effective March 17, 2020, the U.S. Consulates in Sydney, Melbourne, and Perth will limit their operations.
Reduced services for U.S. citizens and reduced visa processing will continue to be available, and mail-in cases will still be processed. All notarial and loss of nationality appointments are suspended.
If you require an emergency service, please contact the appropriate consular office:
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Australia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
U.S. Consulate General, Sydney, Australia
Level 10, MLC Center
19-29 Martin Place
Sydney, NSW 2000
Telephone: (02) 9373-9200
U.S. Consulate General, Melbourne, Australia
553 St. Kilda Road
Melbourne, VIC 3004
Telephone: (03) 9526-5900
U.S. Consulate General, Perth, Australia
Level 4 16 St. Georges Terrace
Perth, WA 6000
Telephone: (08) 6144-5100
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Australia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
You have received this message because you have registered with the U.S. Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). If you would like to unsubscribe or change your details in STEP, please go to https://step.state.gov/step/.