Location: Australia, countrywide
Message to U.S. Citizens: Beginning on February 6, 2022, Mission Australia will begin to accept payment of DS-82 passport renewal fees online. Passport applicants wishing to pay for their DS-82 renewal application online may visit https://au.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passports/renewal/ to determine eligibility to use this option. If eligible, applicants may then submit payment via U.S. or international credit or debit card, electronic funds transfer from a U.S.-based bank account, Amazon Pay, or Pay Pal.
Applicants who are eligible to renew their U.S. passport by mail may use Pay.gov to submit their renewal payment fee online. Applicants all over Australia (including NSW, ACT, QLD, VIC, NT, TAS, SA, and WA) are directed to mail their passport renewal applications to the U.S. Consulate in Perth for processing. For procedures on how to renew adult U.S. passports by mail in Australia and pay the renewal application fee online, please see https://au.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passports/renewal/
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Australia Country Specific Information.
- U.S. Consulates General in Sydney, Melbourne, and Perth
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter