Health Alert – U.S. Mission Australia (April 24, 2020)
Event: The U.S. Mission to Australia plans to send Alerts twice weekly unless local conditions warrant immediate messaging.
The government of Australia has announced that certain elective surgeries can restart on April 27. Please see this link for details.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) encourages the U.S. citizen community to beware of individuals and organizations operating around the globe who are actively seeking to exploit and profit from the COVID -19 pandemic. These networks are smuggling and selling counterfeit safety equipment and prohibited testing kits, medicines, and hygiene products, as well as operating illicit websites to sell their merchandise. In addition, DHS anticipates an increase in fraud scams involving financial relief, COVID-19 stimulus checks, charity solicitations, and cyber-enabled crime. For more information, visit https://www.ice.gov/factsheets/operation-stolen-promise. DHS encourages the public to report suspected illicit criminal activity or fraudulent schemes related to the COVID-19 pandemic, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Have a plan to depart from Australia that does not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Australia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on COVID-19-related fraud.
- U.S. Consulate General, Sydney, Australia
Level 10, MLC Center
19-29 Martin Place, Sydney, NSW 2000
Telephone: (02) 9373-9200
- U.S. Consulate General, Melbourne, Australia
553 St. Kilda Road
Melbourne, VIC 3004
Telephone: (03) 9526-5900
- U.S. Consulate General, Perth, Australia
16 St. Georges Terrace
Perth, WA 6000
Telephone: (08) 6144-5100
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Australia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
You have received this message because you have registered with the U.S. Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). If you would like to unsubscribe or change your details in STEP, please go to https://step.state.gov/step/.