Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Event: The state of New South Wales (NSW) has announced restrictions for those who live or work in the local government areas (LGAs) of: City of Sydney, Waverley, Randwick, and Woollahra. From 11:59 PM today, June 25, 2021, until at least 11:59 PM on Friday 2 July, residents of, or people whose usual place of work is in, these four LGAs must stay at home unless it is for an essential reason and cannot travel beyond metropolitan Sydney without a reasonable excuse. People should only enter these four LGAs for essential purposes.
Restrictions are also in effect within the Greater Sydney region (which includes Central Coast, Shellharbour, Blue Mountains, and Wollongong). There are limits on gatherings, a face mask requirement, and other regulations in effect. Please find more information about the NSW restrictions here.
Accordingly, the U.S. Consulate General in Sydney will be closed for routine consular services, including passport, consular report of birth aboard, notarial, loss of nationality, and visa applications during the period of the stay-at-home order. U.S. citizens in need of critical emergency services should contact SydneyACS@state.gov.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Have a plan to depart from Australia that does not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Australia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on COVID-19-related fraud.
- U.S. Consulate General, Sydney, Australia
Level 10, MLC Center
19-29 Martin Place, Sydney, NSW 2000
Telephone: (02) 9373-9200
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Australia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
You have received this message because you have registered with the U.S. Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). If you would like to unsubscribe or change your details in STEP, please go to https://step.state.gov/step/.