Location: Greater Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Event: The state of Queensland has announced a lockdown of the Greater Brisbane area (the council areas of Brisbane, Logan, Ipswich, Moreton, and Redlands), from 5:00 pm on Monday, March 29, which will last for three days. Masks will be mandatory outside of home during the lockdown period, and movement and visits to others’ homes will be restricted. Please find more information about the Queensland restrictions, including the limited reasons to leave home during lockdown, here.
Measures restricting domestic travel in Australia to limit the spread of COVID-19 can change rapidly. U.S. citizens are encouraged to visit the website of each state and territory for the latest on COVID-19 restrictions (the Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, the Northern Territory, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria, and Western Australia). State, territory, and local authorities may levy fines on and/or arrest individuals not following physical distancing or other orders.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Have a plan to depart from Australia that does not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Australia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on COVID-19-related fraud.
- U.S. Consulate General, Sydney, Australia
Level 10, MLC Center
19-29 Martin Place, Sydney, NSW 2000
Telephone: (02) 9373-9200
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Australia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
You have received this message because you have registered with the U.S. Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). If you would like to unsubscribe or change your details in STEP, please go to https://step.state.gov/step/.