Location: Penrith, New South Wales and Cairns, Queensland
Event: The New South Wales government has today announced the enhanced lockdown of 12 suburbs in the Penrith Local Government Area (LGA). From 5:00 PM today, residents of Caddens, Claremont Meadows, Colyton, Erskine Park, Kemps Creek, Kingswood, Mount Vernon, North St Marys, Orchard Hills, Oxley Park, St Clair and St Marys will be subject to the same enhanced restrictions as the 8 LGA’s of concern in Greater Sydney. You must stay at home unless you have a reasonable excuse.
Event: The Queensland government has today announced the 3-day lockdown of the Cairns and Yarrabah LGAs from 4:00 PM today. Please check the Queensland Health website for detailed information about this lockdown and the easing of restrictions in South East Queensland.
Restrictions remain in place for travel to and from Queensland.
The U.S. Consulate General in Sydney remains closed for routine in-person consular services, including passport, consular report of birth aboard, notarial, loss of nationality, and visa applications during the period of the lockdown order. U.S. citizens in need of critical emergency services should contact SydneyACS@state.gov.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Have a plan to depart from Australia that does not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Australia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on COVID-19-related fraud.
U.S. Consulate General, Sydney, Australia
Level 10, MLC Center
19-29 Martin Place, Sydney, NSW 2000
Telephone: (02) 9373-9200
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Australia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
You have received this message because you have registered with the U.S. Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). If you would like to unsubscribe or change your details in STEP, please go to https://step.state.gov/step/.