Location: New South Wales, Queensland, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Event: The New South Wales (NSW) government has announced the lockdown of regional and rural NSW, from 5:00 PM Saturday, August 14, until at least 12:01 AM on Sunday, August 22, 2021. Restrictions apply to anyone living or temporarily staying in regional or rural NSW. See the NSW government website for more details.
Event: Many parts of Australia are experiencing varying levels of COVID-19 outbreaks, and government countermeasures are constantly changing. Restrictions on travel, leaving the home, mask wearing, as well as social distancing measures, are determined and enforced by the state governments. Such restrictions may be enhanced, extended, eased, or lifted at any time. We strongly recommend consulting the relevant state government page for COVID-related restrictions in your area or any area you plan to travel to.
For the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) visit: https://www.covid19.act.gov.au/
For New South Wales (NSW) visit: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19
For Queensland (QLD) visit: https://www.covid19.qld.gov.au/
Please also visit our COVID-19 page for a summary of all the most recent COVID-related information in Australia: https://au.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
During the lockdown period in Greater Sydney, the U.S. Consulate General in Sydney is closed for routine in-person consular services, including passport, consular report of birth abroad, notarial, loss of nationality, and visa applications. U.S. citizens in need of critical emergency services should contact SydneyACS@state.gov.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Have a plan to depart from Australia that does not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Australia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on COVID-19-related fraud.
U.S. Consulate General, Sydney, Australia
Level 10, MLC Center
19-29 Martin Place, Sydney, NSW 2000
Telephone: (02) 9373-9200
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Australia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
You have received this message because you have registered with the U.S. Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). If you would like to unsubscribe or change your details in STEP, please go to https://step.state.gov/step/.