Location: South East Queensland, Australia
Event: The Queensland Government has announced the lockdown of 11 local government areas (LGAs) in South East Queensland, including Brisbane, Ipswich, Logan City, Moreton Bay, Redlands, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast, Noosa, Somerset, Lockyer Valley, and Scenic Rim, from 4:00 PM Saturday, July 31 until 4:00 PM Tuesday, August 3. Anyone who has left these affected LGAs on or after 1:00 PM on Saturday, July 31, must follow the lockdown rules wherever they are in Queensland. Residents in these areas must stay at home except for essential reasons. See the Queensland Government website for details. Restrictions are in place on travelling to Queensland.
The U.S. Consulate General in Sydney remains closed for routine in-person consular services, including passport, consular report of birth aboard, notarial, loss of nationality, and visa applications during the period of the lockdown order. U.S. citizens in need of critical emergency services should contact SydneyACS@state.gov.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Have a plan to depart from Australia that does not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Australia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on COVID-19-related fraud.
U.S. Consulate General, Sydney, Australia
Level 10, MLC Center
19-29 Martin Place, Sydney, NSW 2000
Telephone: (02) 9373-9200
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Australia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
You have received this message because you have registered with the U.S. Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). If you would like to unsubscribe or change your details in STEP, please go to https://step.state.gov/step/.