Location: Greater Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Event: The state of New South Wales (NSW) has extended the current lockdown for the Greater Sydney area, including the Blue Mountains, the Central Coast, Wollongong and Shellharbour, until at least 11:59 PM on Friday, July 16. People who live in, usually work in, or usually attend a university or other tertiary education facility in these areas must stay home unless they need to leave for essential reasons.
Statewide, a face mask is required in all indoor, non-residential spaces, on public transport, and at organized outdoor events. In areas of NSW outside of Sydney, limits on gatherings and other rules apply.
Accordingly, the U.S. Consulate General in Sydney will be closed for routine consular services, including passport, consular report of birth aboard, notarial, loss of nationality, and visa applications during the period of the lockdown order. U.S. citizens in need of critical emergency services should contact SydneyACS@state.gov.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Have a plan to depart from Australia that does not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19for information on conditions in Australia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on COVID-19-related fraud.
- U.S. Consulate General, Sydney, Australia
Level 10, MLC Center
19-29 Martin Place, Sydney, NSW 2000
Telephone: (02) 9373-9200
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Australia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
You have received this message because you have registered with the U.S. Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). If you would like to unsubscribe or change your details in STEP, please go to https://step.state.gov/step/.