Health Alert – U.S. Consulate General Perth (January 31, 2021)
Location: Western Australia
Event: Five Day Lockdown in Perth and Surrounding Areas. The Government of Western Australia has announced a five-day lockdown for the Perth metropolitan area and the Peel and South West regions effective from 18:00 on January 31, 2021, until 18:00 on February 5, 2021. People in these regions will be required to stay at home except for when engaged in essential activities. When outside of the home, residents will be required to wear masks. For more information please see https://www.wa.gov.au/government/covid-19-coronavirus.
Accordingly, the U.S. Consulate General in Perth will be closed to routine consular services including passport, consular report of birth aboard, notarial, loss of nationality, and visa applications during the period of the lockdown. U.S. citizens in need of critical emergency services should contact PerthACS@state.gov.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Have a plan to depart from Australia that does not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Australia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on COVID-19-related fraud.
- U.S. Consulate General, Perth, Australia
16 St. Georges Terrace
Perth, WA 6000
Telephone: (08) 6144-5100
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Australia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter