Health Alert – U.S. Consulate General Melbourne (February 12, 2021)
Event: Five Day Lockdown in Victoria. The Victorian State Government announced on February 12 a five-day lockdown for all of Victoria effective from 23:59 on February 12, 2021, until 23:59 on February 17, 2021. The new restrictions require staying at home except for when engaged in essential activities. When outside of the home, residents will be required to wear face masks. For more information, please see https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus
Accordingly, the U.S. Consulate General in Melbourne will be closed for routine consular services including passport, consular report of birth aboard, notarial, loss of nationality, and visa applications during the period of the lockdown. The U.S. Consulate General in Melbourne will also be closed on Monday, February 15 for the Washington’s Birthday holiday. U.S. citizens in need of critical emergency services should contact MelbourneACS@state.gov
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Have a plan to depart from Australia that does not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Australia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on COVID-19-related fraud.
- U.S. Consulate General, Melbourne, Australia
553 St. Kilda Road
Melbourne, VIC 3004
Telephone: (03) 9526-5900
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Australia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter