Location: Northern Territory
Event: 48-Hour Lockdown in Darwin, Palmerston, and Litchfield local government areas. The Northern Territory government announced on June 27, 2021, a 48-hour lockdown for the local government areas of the City of Darwin, the City of Palmerston, and Litchfield from 13:00 on June 27. The new restrictions require staying at home except for when engaged in essential activities. When outside the home, residents in the lockdown area will be required to wear masks. For more information, please see https://coronavirus.nt.gov.au/.
The U.S. Consulate General in Melbourne remains open for routine consular services. U.S. citizens in need of critical emergency services should contact MelbourneACS@state.gov.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Have a plan to depart from Australia that does not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Australia.
- Visit the State Department’s website on the latest international travel restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on COVID-19-related fraud.
- U.S. Consulate General, Melbourne, Australia
553 St. Kilda Road
Melbourne, VIC 3004
Telephone: (03) 9526-5900
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Australia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter