Location: Northern Territory
Event: 72-Hour Lockdown in Alice Springs. The Northern Territory government announced on June 30, 2021, a 72-hour lockdown for Alice Springs town council boundaries from 13:00 on June 30, ending at 13:00 on Saturday, July 3.
This is in addition to the lockdown in the Greater Darwin area, which includes Darwin, Palmerston, and Litchfield council areas and the Wagait and Belyuen Shires, which are under lockdown until 13:00 on Friday, July 2.
The restrictions require staying at home except for when engaged in essential activities. When outside the home, residents in the lockdown area will be required to wear masks. For more information, please see https://coronavirus.nt.gov.au/.
The U.S. Consulate General in Melbourne remains open for routine consular services. U.S. citizens in need of critical emergency services should contact MelbourneACS@state.gov.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Have a plan to depart from Australia that does not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Australia.
- Visit the State Department’s website on the latest international travel restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on COVID-19-related fraud.
- U.S. Consulate General, Melbourne, Australia
553 St. Kilda Road
Melbourne, VIC 3004
Telephone: (03) 9526-5900
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Australia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter