Location: Victoria, Australia
Event: Extension of restrictions in Victoria. The Victorian State Government announced on June 2, 2021, the extension of restrictions in metropolitan Melbourne for a further seven days, from 23:59 on June 3, 2021, until 23:59 on June 10, 2021. In metropolitan Melbourne, the restrictions require staying at home except for when engaged in essential activities. When outside of the home in metropolitan Melbourne, residents will be required to wear masks. In regional Victoria, restrictions are proposed to begin easing from 23:59 on June 3, 2021. For more information, please see https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus.
Accordingly, the U.S. Consulate General in Melbourne will be closed for routine consular services including passport, consular report of birth aboard, notarial, loss of nationality, and visa applications during the period of the lockdown. U.S. citizens in need of critical emergency services should contact MelbourneACS@state.gov.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Have a plan to depart from Australia that does not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Australia.
- Visit the State Department’s website on the latest international travel restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on COVID-19-related fraud.
- U.S. Consulate General, Melbourne, Australia
553 St. Kilda Road
Melbourne, VIC 3004
Telephone: (03) 9526-5900
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Australia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter