Location: Queensland, Australia
Event: The state of Queensland has announced a three day lockdown for South East Queensland, Townsville (including Magnetic Island), and Palm Island from 6:00 pm AEST on Tuesday, June 29, 2021. Anyone who was in these areas on or since 6:00 pm AEST, Tuesday, June 29, 2021, is required to follow the same lockdown rules even if they are no longer in those areas. Those affected must stay home unless they need to leave for essential reasons, and must wear a face mask when outside the home in certain indoor and outdoor settings.
In addition, increased restrictions are in place for South East Queensland from Tuesday, June 29 until 12:59 am on Tuesday, July 13, 2021. Click here for more information.
The U.S. Consulate General in Sydney remains closed for all routine services due to the stay-at-home order for Greater Sydney. U.S. citizens in need of critical emergency services should contact SydneyACS@state.gov.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Have a plan to depart from Australia that does not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Australia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on COVID-19-related fraud.
- U.S. Consulate General
Level 10, MLC Center
19-29 Martin Place, Sydney, NSW 2000
Telephone: (02) 9373-9200
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Australia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
You have received this message because you have registered with the U.S. Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). If you would like to unsubscribe or change your details in STEP, please go to https://step.state.gov/step/.