April 23, 2021
Location: Western Australia
Event: Three Day Lockdown in Perth and Peel region.
The Government of Western Australia has announced a three-day lockdown for the Perth metropolitan area and the Peel region effective from 12:01 a.m. on April 23, 2021, until 11:59 p.m. on Monday April 26, 2021. People in these regions will be required to stay at home except for when engaged in essential activities. When outside of the home, residents will be required to wear masks from 6:00 p.m. on the Friday, April 23, 2021. For more information please see https://www.wa.gov.au/government/covid-19-coronavirus.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Have a plan to depart from Australia that does not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Australia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on COVID-19-related fraud.
- U.S. Consulate General, Perth, Australia
16 St. Georges Terrace
Perth, WA 6000
Telephone: (08) 6144-5100
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Australia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
You have received this message because you have registered with the U.S. Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). If you would like to unsubscribe or change your details in STEP, please go to https://step.state.gov/step/.