- To advise the Consul General on next gen issues (e.g., what do Australian youth care about and why?);
- To suggest effective modes of youth outreach for the Consulate; and
- To participate in Consulate events as representatives of the Council.
Think you might be a fit for our next Council?
- Answer all questions in the application (if not applicable, write n/a);
- Answer all essay prompts (we encourage you to use the entire word limit and write your answers in a word doc beforehand and copy and paste in the application)
- Between 18-28 of age;
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident;
- Located in the greater Sydney area or Brisbane area;
- Commit to serve on the Council for one year by attending 3 meetings per year and other Consulate events.
- Organized the Consul General to visit their local fire brigade where they volunteer
- Took the Consul General to the Lakemba Night Markets during Ramadan
- Moderated a Consulate event with a US speakers ranging from topics from Space, Press Freedom, to Race Relations
- Being an expert panelist on comedy & political satire
- Instagram takeover at the Consulate’s 4th of July celebration
Apply here for Sydney
The Sydney Youth Advisory Council (SYAC) has been in operation for 8 years. Council members are a diverse mix of influencers and future leaders, university students and young professionals from all universities around New South Wales.
Click here to apply
Apply here for Brisbane
This is the first year we are kicking off the Brisbane Youth Advisory Council (BYAC). You will spearhead the first council in Brisbane and will mainly help the Consulate better engage youth in Queensland.