- Grants and Funding Opportunities
- Grant Application Forms
Funding Opportunity Title: U.S. Embassy Australia FY22 Annual Program Statement
Funding Opportunity Number: PASCNB-NOFO-FY22-01
Deadline for Applications: Accepted on a rolling basis until September 1, 2022
CFDA Number: 19.124 – East Asia and Pacific Grants Program
Total Amount Available: Subject to availability of funds.
The U.S. Embassy in Australia announces an open funding competition for organizations and individuals to carry out programs that strengthen support for the U.S.-Australia alliance, foster our economic partnership, enhance efforts to fight climate change, and promote a free and open Indo-Pacific. Applications should include an U.S. element or connection with an American expert, organization, or institution.
Priority Program Areas:
- U.S.-Australia Alliance: Activities that promote the values that underpin the U.S.-Australia partnership, including but not limited to democracy, human rights, rule of law, freedom of speech, LGBTQI+ rights, gender equality, and diversity.
- Economic Partnership: Activities that support U.S.-Australia partnerships in areas including, but not limited to, space exploration, critical minerals, emerging technology, entrepreneurship, women’s economic empowerment, and higher education exchange. Activities that build the capacity of the United States and Australia to partner in these areas.
- Free and Open Indo-Pacific: Activities that advance U.S. and Australian efforts to increase security, prosperity, good governance, and human capital and counter disinformation and malign activity in the Indo-Pacific region.
- Climate Change: Activities that enhance efforts to fight climate change, promote environmental preservation, and support innovation to increase climate action and resilience.
Audience: All applications must identify the target audience of the program and estimate audience reach through direct contact, and if possible, through indirect contact via social or traditional media.
Federal Award Information
Length of performance period: Up to 12 months
Number of awards anticipated: Multiple
Award amounts: Subject to availability
Total available funding: Subject to availability
Type of Funding: FY22 Public Diplomacy Funding
Anticipated program start date: Flexible
Funding Instrument Type: Fixed Amount Award, Grant, or Cooperative Agreement
Please follow all instructions below carefully. Proposals that do not meet the requirements of this announcement or fail to comply with the stated requirements will be ineligible.
Note: For-profit organizations are not eligible for U.S. Department of State issued grants.
Application and Submission Information
Application forms required below are available at https://au.usembassy.gov/education-culture/grants-application-forms/.
Content of Application
- The proposal clearly addresses the goals and objectives of this funding opportunity
- All documents are in English
- All budgets are in U.S. dollars
- All pages are numbered
- All documents are formatted to 8 ½ x 11 paper, and
- All Microsoft Word documents are single-spaced, 12 point Times New Roman font, with a minimum of 1-inch margins.
- U.S. Mission to Australia Grant Application
All forms are available at: https://au.usembassy.gov/education-culture/grants-application-forms/.
The U.S. Mission to Australia Grant Application Form includes the following elements:
- Organizational Overview: A description of past and present operations, showing ability to carry out the program, including information on all previous grants from the U.S. Embassy and/or U.S. government agencies.
- Proposal Summary: Short narrative that outlines the proposed program, including program objectives and anticipated impact.
- Problem Statement: Clear, concise, and well-supported statement of the problem to be addressed and why the proposed program is needed.
- Program Goals and Objectives: The goals describe what the program is intended to achieve. The objectives refer to the intermediate accomplishments on the way to the goals. These should be achievable and measurable.
- Program Activities and Schedule: Describe the program activities and how they will help achieve the objectives. Include a proposed timeline for the program activities.
- Alignment with U.S. Policy Goals: Select the U.S. policy goal(s) with which your project aligns.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Describe how you will ensure diverse groups, people, cultures, and communities are represented in and benefit from your project.
- Budget: Please outline your budget requirements for this program, including personnel, supplies, travel expenditure, and other costs
- Budget Justification Narrative: Please describe why budget expenses are needed.
- Program Partners: List the names and type of involvement of any additional funding partners.
- Communications Plan: Please list media and promotional plans, including requested U.S. Department of State involvement. Please also include any high-level participants or attendees to be invited.
- Community Engagement: Please list dignitaries expected to attend the event.
- Reporting Capacity: Explain how you plan to monitor and report outcomes and outputs of the grant throughout the performance period and in a final report upon its completion.
- Attachments (Optional)
- One-page CV or resume of key personnel who are proposed for the program
- Letters of support from program partners describing the roles and responsibilities of each partner
- If your organization has a NICRA and includes NICRA charges in the budget, your latest NICRA should be included as a PDF file
- Official permission letters, if required for program activities
All organizations applying for grants (except individuals) must obtain the following registrations. All are free of charge.
- Unique entity identifier from Dun & Bradstreet (DUNS number) fedgov.dnb.com
- Valdi NCAGE number
- Valid SAM.gov registration
Submission Dates and Times
Applications will be accepted and reviewed three times over the course of the year. If your grant is not successful during the first grants panel, it will be reviewed during the subsequent panels over the course of the fiscal year.
Other Submission Requirements
All application materials must be submitted by email to PASGrantsAustralia@state.gov.