EducationUSA Australia is thrilled to be celebrating 30 years of service as the official source on U.S. higher education for Australian students and families. We look forward to continuing to assist students and their families as they aspire to study at a U.S. college.
We are pleased to provide these resources to you and trust that they will help you in your endeavors and aspirations of applying to U.S. Colleges. If you require any support during the process please contact your nearest EducationUSA office.
EducationUSA operates under principles of good practice and is a U.S. Department of State network of over 425 international student advising centers in more than 175 countries. The network promotes U.S. higher education to students around the world by offering accurate, comprehensive, and current information about opportunities to study at accredited postsecondary institutions in the United States. With thousands of academic programs, world-class institutions, and unmatched flexibility, the United States offers a wealth of higher education opportunities that you will not find anywhere else in the world!
EducationUSA Australia provides services to Australian high schools, state education officials and the U.S. higher education community to help institutional leaders meet their recruitment and campus internationalization goals.
To stay updated with the latest news and information we provide, connect with us via our EducationUSA Australia Facebook page.
Applying to U.S. Colleges
Step 1 - Research your options
Step 3 - Complete your application
Playing sports at U.S. Colleges
U.S. College Sports
- Overview (PDF 65KB)
- Athletic Associations (PDF 66KB)
- Where to start (PDF 78KB)
- The NCAA pathway (PDF 81KB)
- Setting a timeline (PDF 67KB)
- NCAA 16 core courses (PDF 72KB)
- Your sport profile (PDF 78KB)
- Promoting yourself to coaches (PDF 82KB)
- Contacting coaches (PDF 88KB)
- NCAA helpful resources and websites (PDF 100KB)
- NCAA Core Course Guide – Queensland (PDF 434KB)
- NCAA Core Course Guide – New South Wales (PDF 460KB)
- NCAA Core Course Guide – Western Australia (PDF 382KB)
Additional helpful resources to assist your application:
Research and prepare to apply to U.S. colleges
- How good is your U.S. geography – check out this map (PDF 701KB)
- Things needs for your U.S. college application (PDF 119KB)
- Introduction to the Common Application (PDF 189KB)
- Grade point average (PDF 92KB)
- Helpful websites (PDF 84KB)
Academic Transcript/Grade Template documents
- Transcript Templates Explanation (PDF 75KB)
- Transcript for state certificates, e.g. VCE, HSC, SACE (Microsoft Excel .xlsx form – 31KB)
- Transcript for IB (International Baccalaureate) (Microsoft Excel .xlsx form – 28KB)
- Transcript to map your 16 NCAA core subjects (Microsoft Excel .xlsx form – 31KB)