Demonstration Alert – U.S. Mission Australia (June 27, 2022)
Locations: Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide, Canberra, Perth, Wollongong
Event: Demonstrations are scheduled from Monday, June 27 through Saturday, July 2, 2022 at the following locations and times:
- Monday, June 27, 2022: U.S. Consulate General Perth – 1:00 pm
- Monday, June 27, 2022: U.S. Consulate General Melbourne – 1:00 pm
- Friday, July 1, 2022: King George Square, Brisbane – 5:30 pm
- Friday, July 1, 2022: Beehive Corner Rundle Mall, Adelaide – 5:30 pm
- Friday, July 1, 2022: Corner of Bourke and Swanston Street, Melbourne – 6:00 pm
- Saturday, July 2, 2022: Crown Street Mall Amphitheatre, Wollongong – 12:00 pm
- Saturday, July 2, 2022: Garema Place, Canberra – 12:00 pm
- Saturday, July 2, 2022: Sydney Town Hall, Sydney – 1:00 pm
The groups intend to protest the U.S. Supreme Court ruling on Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization. Demonstrations may occur at other locations and times. Monitor local news outlets for updates as additional protests are likely to form in additional locations.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- U.S. Consulate General, Sydney, Australia
50 Miller Street, North Sydney, NSW 2060
Telephone: (02) 8219-2100
- U.S. Consulate General, Melbourne, Australia
553 St. Kilda Road
Melbourne, VIC 3004
Telephone: (03) 9526-5900
- U.S. Consulate General, Perth, Australia
16 St. Georges Terrace
Perth, WA 6000
Telephone: (08) 6144-5100
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Australia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
You have received this message because you have registered with the U.S. Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). If you would like to unsubscribe or change your details in STEP, please go to https://step.state.gov/step/.