Locations: Sydney, Newcastle, Byron Bay, Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide, Canberra, Perth
Event: Demonstrations are scheduled for Saturday, June 6, 2020, at the following locations and times:
- 20 Lee Street, Sydney – 3:00 pm
- Civic Park, Newcastle – 2:00 pm
- Byron Bay Recreation Grounds, Byron Bay – 2:00 pm
- King George Square, Brisbane – 1:00 pm
- Queen Street Mall, Brisbane – 12:00 pm
- Parliament House, Melbourne – 2:00 pm
- Victoria Square (Tarndanyangga), Adelaide – 12:00 pm
- S. Embassy, Canberra – 3:00 pm
A demonstration is scheduled for Saturday, June 13, at 12:00 pm at Hyde Park, Perth.
The groups intend to protest the death in the United States of George Floyd and the deaths of people of color in police custody. Demonstrations may occur at other locations and times.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- S. Consulate General, Sydney, Australia
Level 10, MLC Center
19-29 Martin Place, Sydney, NSW 2000
Telephone: (02) 9373-9200
- S. Consulate General, Melbourne, Australia
553 St. Kilda Road
Melbourne, VIC 3004
Telephone: (03) 9526-5900
- S. Consulate General, Perth, Australia
16 St. Georges Terrace
Perth, WA 6000
Telephone: (08) 6144-5100
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Australia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter