Location: Melbourne, Victoria
Event: The U.S. Consulate General has received reports of a planned protest in Melbourne for Thursday, March 31, 2022, beginning at approximately 10:30 a.m. along St Kilda Road from Government House to The Alfred Hospital.
The protest is reportedly concerning medical segregation in the health system and is unlikely to attract large numbers of people but may cause traffic and pedestrian disruption.
U.S. citizens in need of critical emergency services should contact MelbourneACS@state.gov or call (03) 9526-5900.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area of the protest.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid crowds.
- Avoid demonstrations
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the State Department’s website on the latest international travel restrictions.
- U.S. Consulate General, Melbourne, Australia
553 St. Kilda Road
Melbourne, VIC 3004
Telephone: (03) 9526-5900
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Australia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter