Event: The U.S. Mission to Australia plans to send Alerts once per week unless local conditions warrant immediate messaging.
Effective June 10, the U.S. Consulates in Sydney, Melbourne, and Perth will resume accepting mail-in passport applications. We cannot predict processing times. U.S. citizens with immediate travel should request an emergency appointment (see below for contact information).
Passport and citizenship applications that require a personal interview (applicants under age 16, first-time adult passports, replacement for a lost or stolen passport, and Consular Reports of Birth Abroad) cannot be processed at this time, except in emergencies. Please contact your closest consulate to request an emergency citizenship service.
For emergency travel, our consulates can produce an emergency passport for an adult or a minor. U.S. citizens in Australia who require emergency passport services should contact the closest consulate.
If you have previously applied for a passport or citizenship service, you should still expect significant delays receiving your passport and your citizenship evidence documents. We will process all pending and new applications in the order in which they were received and as quickly as possible.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Have a plan to depart from Australia that does not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Australia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on COVID-19-related fraud.
- U.S. Consulate General, Sydney, Australia
Level 10, MLC Center
19-29 Martin Place, Sydney, NSW 2000
Telephone: (02) 9373-9200
- U.S. Consulate General, Melbourne, Australia
553 St. Kilda Road
Melbourne, VIC 3004
Telephone: (03) 9526-5900
- U.S. Consulate General, Perth, Australia
16 St. Georges Terrace
Perth, WA 6000
Telephone: (08) 6144-5100
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Australia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
You have received this message because you have registered with the U.S. Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). If you would like to unsubscribe or change your details in STEP, please go to https://step.state.gov/step/.