Location: New South Wales, Queensland, and Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Event: Effective June 22, the U.S. Consulate General in Sydney will resume limited appointments for passport and citizenship services. Passport and citizenship applications that require a personal interview (applicants under age 16, first-time adult passports, replacement for a lost or stolen passport, and Consular Reports of Birth Abroad) are available on our website. Appointment availability is strictly limited due to physical distancing requirements in our office and public waiting room. Each applicant requires their own appointment.
The Consulate is also accepting mail-in passport applications (using forms DS-82 and DS-5504). If you are eligible for a mail-in service, we ask that you please mail your application to the address below and leave appointments for those who require them.
We cannot predict processing times. U.S. citizens with immediate travel should request an emergency appointment by email (address below).
If you have previously applied for a passport or citizenship service, you should expect significant delays receiving your passport and your citizenship evidence documents. We will process all complete applications in the order in which they were received and as quickly as possible.
The Consulate is unable to offer notarial or loss of nationality services at this time.
Actions to Take:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Australia, including exit restrictions.
- Do not attend an appointment at the Consulate if you are sick.
- Prepare your application(s) and supporting documents in advance of your appointment.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- U.S. Consulate General, Sydney, Australia
Level 10, MLC Center
19-29 Martin Place, Sydney, NSW 2000
Telephone: (02) 9373-9200
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Australia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
You have received this message because you have registered with the U.S. Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). If you would like to unsubscribe or change your details in STEP, please go to https://step.state.gov/step/.