Location: Western Australia
Event: Expansion of routine consular appointments for U.S. citizens at U.S. Consulate General Perth
Beginning September 23, the U.S. Consulate General in Perth will be offering expanded routine consular services for residents of Western Australia. The Consulate will be open for routine passport, consular report of birth abroad (CRBA), notarial, and loss of nationality services three days a week (Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays). Applicants seeking a passport, CRBA, or notarial service must book an appointment online. Please see this webpage for information about booking an appointment.
To inquire about a loss of nationality appointment, please contact email@example.com. We will contact you directly to schedule your loss of nationality appointment. These appointments will be limited so please plan for lengthy delays in processing a loss of nationality application.
Please note that these expanded consular appointments are only for residents of Western Australia. Residents returning to Western Australia whether from overseas or inter-state must complete a 14-day quarantine before scheduling an appointment at the Consulate. Those travelers who are unable to provide proof of quarantine will have their appointments canceled.
If you wish to drop off your ballot at the consulate, you may do so from any Monday through Friday during normal business hours between 08:30 and 14:00. If you wish to mail the ballot to the consulate, please use the mailing address below.
We cannot predict processing times. U.S. citizens with immediate travel should request an emergency appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have previously applied for a passport or citizenship service, you should expect significant delays receiving your passport and your citizenship evidence documents. We will process all complete applications in the order in which they were received and as quickly as possible.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Have a plan to depart from Australia that does not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Australia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on COVID-19-related fraud.
- U.S. citizen voters or their representatives can drop off absentee ballots at the Embassy or Consulates for postage-free mailing to the United States; please find details here.
- U.S. Consulate General, Perth, Australia
16 St. Georges Terrace
Perth, WA 6000
Telephone: (08) 6144-5100
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Australia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
You have received this message because you have registered with the U.S. Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). If you would like to unsubscribe or change your details in STEP, please go to https://step.state.gov/step/.