You will not be allowed entry to the consulate with battery-operated or electronic devices, and the consulates cannot store electronic devices. Persons arriving with these devices will be refused entry.
Please refer to the below links to schedule an appointment with American Citizen Services (ACS). Each applicant requiring a service at the Consulate must have a separate appointment. Appointment confirmations are not emailed once the appointment has been scheduled. You are not required to present a printout of the confirmation of the appointment – your name will be on the access list for that day. Please print out or make a note of:
- the appointment confirmation number generated;
- the date and time for your appointment; and,
- the appointment password (required if you need to cancel an appointment – no record of your password is kept at the Consulates).
NOTE: The U.S. Embassy in Canberra does not provide consular services. Please book an appointment through the U.S. Consulate General in Sydney if you reside in the ACT.
Appointments at the Sydney Consulate General
- Sydney Passport and Citizenship Services
- Sydney Notarial Appointments
- Cancel a scheduled Sydney appointment
U.S. citizens seeking to renounce their citizenship in Sydney should not schedule their own appointments. Please email SydneyACS@state.gov for further instructions.
Appointments at the Melbourne Consulate General
- Melbourne Passport and Citizenship Services
- Melbourne Notarial and Social Security Appointments
- Cancel a scheduled Melbourne appointment
Appointments at the Perth Consulate General
ACS Outreach Program
The U.S. Consulates General in Australia periodically travel to cities where there is no permanent consular presence to provide citizenship services for U.S. citizens. During ACS outreach trips, we accept U.S. passport applications which require an in-person appearance, and applications for Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (CRBA). Notary and Visa services are not provided during the ACS Outreach
Registering for an Outreach visit
Applicants wishing to participate in an ACS outreach must first register their interest by emailing the U.S. Consulate General (see below), requesting to be placed on a waiting list. In your email, you will need to include:
- The applicants name (if seeking multiple services , list the name of each applicant)
- The applicants date of birth
- A contact telephone number
- Details of the service you require (passport for a child, first adult passport, Consular Report of Birth Abroad etc.)
Are you traveling?
Be aware of our current processing time. If you or your family has fixed future travel plans, we encourage you to plan accordingly to maximize your ability to participate in our ACS outreach program. Should our intended visit dates not fit with your travel schedule, you also have the option of submitting the applications in person at the Consulate General serving your district to ensure you have a valid passport for your travels.